»

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day and the BEST Gift Ever!

Happy Valentine's Day!



This is one holiday I normally do not celebrate too much.  Me and my husband just don't go all out anymore.  Not that it's not a fun day but I don't need one day to tell him or the others that I love "I love you". 

BUT this year I decided to change things up a bit...spice it up!  Why not right?  Why not go above and beyond?

So I decided to do a boudoir shoot with my good friend and photographer Jennifer Warthan.  I was nervous but she made it so fun and calmed my nerves.  It definitely wasn't glamorous shooting but she made the photos look glamorous!  I was so happy with the pictures she got, (because I was afraid I was going to look awful!)  Instead I looked beautiful...I don't want to sound conceited but the photos turned out gorgeous (and to be clear not because of me but because Jennifer made me look good lol)!

I did the shoot so I could get a book of the pictures as a keepsake for my bubby as a gift for Valentine's Day.  However, I liked a couple of them so much I got prints as well.  And I was flattered when Jennifer asked if she could get a duplicate of the book to keep in her studio to show future boudoir clients.

Well we celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday to avoid the crowd when we went out to dinner, sans toddler.  So I gave him his gift last night.  You should have saw his face opening it and looking through the book.  He was speachless.  When he finally saw everything he looked at me and said "this is the best gift I've ever gotten."  Which says a lot because he has gotten guns as a gift, and they rank high on the list, ha!

I am pleased with it all.  How the pictures turned out, that my husband loved them, and that I gave him the best gift ever.

And I don't know if I will be able to top it next year!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment