»

Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm just...a Mommy

So here it goes, me having an opinion.  Something that I have discovered lately is moms classifying themselves and "boy mommys" or "girl mommys".  I REALY do not like this!!!

Why as mothers do we have to put ourselves into groups?  In my opinion there is already so much division in the world, why add to it?

What I hear and read is how boys and girls are so different and being mommys to them is different as well.  Yes, I believe that is true...but in the baby and toddler and even the elementary years I don't believe things are that different. 

I see people say, in blogs and on Twitter, that their little boy has done this or that and they act like it is only little boys that do those things...well I hate to tell you my 2 year old little girl does the same things haha!  Or that their little girl does something and it must be a girl thing, but mine doesn't do that.  Or that little girls give all their love to Daddy and Mommy's get the best love from little boys.  Well I beg to differ on that too.  My little girl is a Mommy's girl.  She loves her Daddy but Mommy is it in her eyes right now.  I get the same kisses and hugs and feel just as much love come from my daughter as "boy mommys" get from their sons.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I will not be lumped into the division...I am just a Mommy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment