»

Sunday, January 29, 2012

REALLY Dancing Backwards in High Heels

For the past month I have really lived up to the title of my blog.  Work is crazy hectic with ending a year and beginning a new one, then there are the normal monthly projects that have to be completed. 

With almost being in this position for a year more and new responsibiliy has been put on my plate, and basically I run the office (really, I do, so it seems). 

Seriously.

It doesn't seem there is a day that goes by that someone can't do their job without my help. 

If you don't already know I work for a social services agency.  I am an Administrative and Intake worker.  Which means I do clerical work along with screening and pulling inquiries on new and exsiting cases.  Each title ties together, hand in hand.  I also prepare our Board Meeting Packages along with the Director.

But because I'm one of the first people the customers see, every other worker comes to me with questions.

So I do A LOT of running around! 

My day starts at 6:30am. with my first and best fulltime job, mommy and wife.  I rush rush rush to get to work, stay completely busy all day to the point my head spins, then I go home to be mommy and wife again.  By 8:30pm I can be just me.  And relax, or try to if there isn't clothes to wash and fold, a kitchen to clean up, floor to vacuum. 


And I can't forget trying to be the best wife I can be.  I want/need to make time for him.  He deserves my attention too.


I live Kenny Chesney's song "Dancing Backwards in High Heels" most every day.  And I know I'm not the only wife/mom who feels like this but this is my experience. 

I'm exhausted.  I need a vacation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment